Springtime is upon us! The temperatures aren’t exactly cooperating yet here in NJ, but the days are getting longer, the sunshine is getting brighter, and there is a new energy in the air. I have been really into rituals lately, so I wanted to share some simple rituals that you can do to celebrate and welcome spring into your life.
This past week we celebrated the spring equinox, which is the one day in which the light of day and the dark of night are equal. This makes this the perfect time to seek out balance in our lives. Spring is also a time of rebirth and renewal. Grass starts getting greener, new leaves and flowers start to bloom, birds start to migrate back north, and animals come out of hibernation. The same is true for us. Spring affords us an opportunity to come back to life with fresh new energy. It is a time for creation.
My favorite springtime ritual is to gather some fresh flowers, light a candle, and take time to journal about what I want to welcome into the new season. I like to think about what parts of my life are out of balance, and how I can get them more in sync. I also like to make plans for creative projects that I want to bring out into the world, and also fun activities that I want to do with my family.
Balance is something that is really important to me right now. Since leaving my full time job a few months ago, I’ve been striving to find the ideal balance between work/play/family time. I’ve recently been working a bit more and getting into more of a structured routine, and that’s feeling really good for me right now. I tend to be very easy going and relaxed by nature, so having more structure and routine helps to balance me out. Balance is such an individual thing, and what’s right for one person may be completely wrong for another. The important thing is to notice what feels good to you and tune into your own unique energy.
Seek out balance in all areas of your life. Take a look at how you are dividing your time. Are you happy with what you are devoting yourself to? What percentage of your time is being spent with your family? By yourself? With your partner? With your friends? Notice if there are any shifts that you need to make in order to find a better balance.
Are your days very busy? Maybe you need more time to rest. Or maybe you are resting a lot and could use a little more activity and motivation.
What does your health look like? Is your eating balanced? Are you being as active as you would like to be? What activities are you doing to support a healthy lifestyle? Notice if there are any shifts that need to be made in this area.
Are you taking good care of yourself? Do you take time to do the things that light you up and make you feel happy and fulfilled? Do you have some dedicated time that is just for you? This is so important, and is often missed.
Take some time to think about your answers to these questions and figure out simple changes you can start to make to shift yourself into better balance this season.
Here are some other ideas for celebrating early spring:
- Buy fresh flowers and display flower arrangements throughout your home
- Plant fresh herbs or flower seeds in a pot and place on a sunny windowsill
- Spend more time outside and notice all of nature’s bounty beginning to grow
- Do something creative: draw, color, sing, and dance
- Add some spring décor to your home (we like having seasonal wreaths on our front door, and make a little ritual out of changing them on the first weekend of each season)
- Diffuse floral essential oils throughout your house
- Do some spring cleaning and declutter your home
- Spring clean your garden by removing all of the dead leaves and creating space for the new blooms that are on their way
- Spring clean your life by tying up any loose ends, letting go of anything that is no longer serving you, and creating space for great new things to enter your world
How will you be welcoming spring into your life? Let me know in the comments below!
Have a happy week!